The Restoration Foundation Project in conjunction with Real Inspiration Ministries is committed to eliminating new infections, improving the health and well-being of persons living with HIV, AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and viral hepatitis, and improving LGBT and drug user health. We are involved heavily with HIV and AIDs education and prevention involving sex workers and female Transgender women. This mission can be concisely stated as follows: "End epidemics, fight stigma, promote health."
The Restoration Foundation Project was birth out of a deep concern for the community in which our Affiliate Ministry, Real Inspiration Ministries services. Our services are offered in the 30314-zip code of Atlanta, Ga which has the highest population of new and existing HIV and AIDS cases in Georgia. The statistics of this illness in this zip code are compared to that of a third world country. Our demographic is Majority African American and Hispanic Origin, Predominantly LGBT, Age range from teen to middle aged.
Restoration Foundation Project is our nonprofit organization that offers the following services.
- Competence and sensitivity training, workshops and panel discussions concerning those living with HIV and AIDS, The Transgender Community and the LGBT community.
- FREE HIV testing
- Weekly Grief counseling to those who have lost loved ones to this disease
- Educational workshops and panel discussions on prevention and living with the disease
- Free safe sex kits to the community and especially the 5 surrounding colleges.
- Meals, clothing and toiletries to underserved families in the community
- Resources for housing and utility assistance
- Conduct educational panel discussion among churches to help remove the stigma of AIDS and HIV. We believe strongly if you remove the stigma, you can restore the dignity which leads to education and self care.
RFP believes the principle of generosity towards those in need must be coupled with the recipient's willingness to make an honest efforts to help self, family, and community.
RFP programs are educational at root. Education has its origins in the Latin educare/educere, "to lead out." Leading describes well what the donor does, but good leadership never forgets that its long-term goal is not to create followers but more leaders.
Therefore in its activities RFP values: